Interesting Math Sites
The following are sites that we feel offer excellent math information.
- The NCTM Illuminations site. This site provides professionally developed internet-based math teaching resources for the K-12 teacher.
- The History
Mathematics St. Andrews University, Scotland.
This site offers a wide range of historical information about the
development of mathematical concepts.
history of .
Development of the digits of from its biblical value
of 3 to the modern millions of digits!
- The MathCounts homepage A source of more challenging work for advanced second year students.
MathCounts is a nationwide competition for 7th
and 8th graders.
- The Math Forum A resource for students and teachers sponsored by Drexel University. You can ask Dr. Math your math questions! They also have a rich archive of Newsletters that you may find helpful. Our site is surveyed in the February 19,2001 issue!
- The Algebra Project Comprehensive materials for teachers of algebra.
- The Math Science Network A massive site offering mathematics and science resources for teachers and parents.
- NCTM The definitive site for national education standards.